Since returning from Abu Dhabi
I have been back for a week and am getting over the jet-lag, I have been working on finishing up deliverables for my client in Abu Dhabi and doing a bit of marketing for my Ark Group report that was published last week 🙂 (they tell me it was selling well in the pre-publication period, so I am happy about that).
I need to review and update my marketing/business development activities based on things I have learned and done over the last 18 months.
The project in Abu Dhabi was good because I got to work with my Knoco (www.knoco.com) business partners and become more familiar with their KM model and get to know them better (thanks Nick Milton and Tom Young for the opportunity). I hope to work with them again soon.
What I learned in Abu Dhabi:
- wear a hat if you’re going to be outside in the sun for very long;
- after a few days of 40-42 degrees Celcius, 30 feels cool;
- don’t walk unless you absolutely have to;
- LuLu Hypermarket is a great place to go for groceries;
- sand gets everywhere;
- ask for suggestions of things to go out and do, and then go and do them;
- learn the building names and landmarks, no one uses street addresses;
- take a fleece for the hotel.